Labels

Thursday, February 27, 2014

"THE BABY TRAP"

Cassey is pregnant and in for a much unexpected surprise


       Casey ran a trembling hand through her thick mane of golden hair. She had known, had felt it all along. The truth stared back at her from the pregnancy kit.  And her first thought was “Oh my God how am I going to tell John?”
They had never gotten around to talk babies! Maybe he didn't even like them, just like his brother Sam. Sam had change the moment his girlfriend became pregnant, a shadow of himself and trapped in a life he didn’t want. The two brothers had always enjoyed their independence and John was too much of his own man like Sam to want to be tied down by a baby much less marriage. Wouldn't he think it was her way of tying him down in marriage?
“Found you"
Casey let out a scream in alarm as John suddenly appeared at the bathroom door.
"You scared me."
"Probably because your mind was so far away." He stepped in further. "What’s that?"
Casey remembered the pregnancy kit but it was too late. The silence that followed was disheartening. Casey blinked to clear mist of tears from her steamy blue eyes. She expected accusation but the wide grin on John face was a total shock.
"Casey, tell me it’s true."
“Yes. I swear I didn’t plan this, please don’t react like your brother did to--”
“I’m not Sam, never will be. Even though we are brothers remember no two snowflakes are the same just like no two people are the same either, it’s left to you to discover what makes us different, my love for you does.”


No comments:

Post a Comment